Products Motion Control
Impressive precision and speed
The SchölerBoard² stands for innovative motion control
Nowadays, precision mechanical engineering requires not only outstanding mechanical solutions, but also perfectly coordinated control and drive regulation. However, the best possible motion control can only be achieved if software and hardware are equally optimized for the task. In some cases, this can only be achieved to a limited extent with standard solutions. Depending on the requirements, Schöler therefore also develops these components from scratch.
This concept has proven to be very successful: For more than 20 years, the SchölerBoard has been convincing its users with durability, precision and speed of the control and regulation processes that is unparalleled in its segment.
The operating comfort sets new standards.
Developed from scratch
Rapid developments in electronic components as well as new interfaces and operating standards have prompted our engineers to evolutionise the successful SchölerBoard and the associated possibilities for point and time accurate positioning applications. The result is the SchölerBoard², which is equipped with the most advanced hardware and software as well as with a completely new, web-based user interface. In addition to the usual reliability, all new Industry 4.0 standards for data acquisition and evaluation have also been taken into account in the development.
Ease of operation sets new standards
In terms of operation, the SchölerBoard² sets completely new standards: The monitoring and control of a machine equipped with the SchölerBoard² can now be carried out from an industrial PC as well as from a standard tablet or smartphone. For this purpose, a web server is integrated into the control system as standard. All that is required to access the ergonomically designed operating screens is an HTML5-compatible web browser and the corresponding access authorisation. The intuitively designed user interface covers the needs of all users.
- Visualisation and control with any HTML5 web browser
- Wireless visualisation via mobile devices
- Location-independent real-time access via the internet
- Control room visualisation of several cut offs and zone dimple units on only one screen
- Detailed graphics of all movement sequences and I/O switching processes
- Documentation via the print and save functions of the web browser
- Licence and machine parameters are also stored outside the SB². This allows a direct 1:1 exchange of the SB² without data loss and without reconfiguration, if required.
- Integrated licence and authorisation level management
- Screen layouts and languages saved on plug-in SD card
- Remote maintenance via internet, network and browser
- Only one common SB² required for zone dimple and cut off applications
- Upgrade from SB1 to SB² possible
- Fully synchronous motion sequences for up to four servo axes
- Exceeds industry standard cascade control with cutting tolerances < 3µs
- Energy-optimised parabolic travel ensures lowest motor heating and greatest power cost savings
- Parallel processing of five encoder axes without delay in the FPGA
- Powerful combination of XILINX FPGA and ARM Cortex M4F µcontroller
- Real-time operating system (Preemptive RTOS) with response times below 100ns
- Four analogue and 34 digital I/Os for free use
- Second CAN bus for flexible I/O extensions